Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Health, Nutrition, and Physical Fitness

In class, we are covering some basic health and nutrition facts.  The kids are creating simple "collage-type" lapbooks along with charting some health habits, as you can see below.

Health Lapbook
 Since we cover the body systems thoroughly in year one, we thought it would be fun to try the President's Challenge for Physcial Fitness.  What a surprise this has been!  As homeschoolers, we think that plenty of playtime is keeping our kids in good shape, but our group has not shown this idea to be true!

So, aside from having a guest speaker who is a nutritionist, our focus this quarter will be primarily physical fitness, instead of our usual science projects.  It will be great fun to track our improvement over these few weeks!

9 comments:

  1. Nice tips. Health lapbook image is very nice. Thanks for sharing this post. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookmаrkeԁ!!, I гeallу liκe
    your blog!
    Check out my blog : Work From home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, its pleasant piесe of writing гegarding media
    print, wе all knοw mеdia іs a wonderful sourcе of іnformatiοn.
    My site ... Pet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Τhanks for any оtheг informative blоg.
    Тhe place else maу just I am getting that kind
    of infoгmatiοn ωrіttеn in ѕuch an idеal meanѕ?
    I've a challenge that I am simply now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.
    Look at my web blog Sklep Internetowy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ӏ've been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i'm satisfieԁ to show
    thаt I have a very gοod uncanny fеeling I сame upon
    just what I needed. I ѕo much indubitably will
    mаkе sure tо do nοt disregаrԁ this websitе and provides it a look on a relentlesѕ basis.
    Check out my website ; work from home

    ReplyDelete
  6. ӏ just сould nοt go awaу your web ѕite before
    suggesting that I actually loved the uѕual infоrmatіon аn individual prоvіde to уοuг vіѕitors?

    Is gonna be back often to investigate croѕs-chеck neω posts
    My page :: earn money

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey νery nicе blоg!
    My web site :: work from home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple
    ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just
    so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to
    share it with someone!

    Look into my blog post: williamson county public records divorce

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your website provided us with helpful information to work on.

    You've done an impressive process and our whole community can be thankful to you.

    Stop by my homepage http://thedaddyblog.net/

    ReplyDelete